The Applicant must use the on-line registration tool http://www.cost.esf.org/stsm
A full application has to contain: The downloaded copy of the on-line application form containing all the necessary information about the applicant and the STSM; a letter of the host laboratory accepting the applicant as a visiting scientist (The Applicant is responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution, before submitting his application); Any necessary documents the Applicant may regard as helpful in supporting the application at the evaluation process:
- A short CV of the applicant
- A short description of the work program describing the intended work to be performed
- A motivation letter of the applicant describing his intentions and motivations
- A letter of support from the home institute
The applicant will submit his full application to the STSM coordinator of the COST action MP0804 8 weeks before the intended start date of the mission. This should ensure that the full application together with the MC approval can reach the COST office in time. The application together with the MC approval and the other necessary documents should arrive at the COST Office latest 4 weeks before the mission starts.
The Management Committee (MC) of the Cost action MP0804 has made the action chair and the STSM coordinator responsible for the selection of the applicant. More details about STSM can be found in the COST Vademecum chapter 3.
After completion of the STSM the applicant is required to submit (to the Host and MC chair) a short scientific report on the visit within 4 weeks after his stay. It should contain the following information:
- Purpose of the visit
- Description of the work carried out during the visit
- Description of the main results obtained
- Future collaboration with host institution (if applicable)
- Projected publications/articles resulting or to result from the STSM (if applicable)
- Confirmation by the host institute of the successful execution of the mission